Platzmat - non-slip mat - 6 pack
by E2L Products
VAT exemption available
Exc VAT GBP 79.90
Price: GBP 79.90 inc VAT
Category: Kitchen , More at home
Needs: Care Home , Elderly
Non-slip, heat resistant, non-sticky, food safe, place mat with high contrast pictograms of plates and cutlery, providing a guide for setting the table, and to encourage engagement
|Zero rated for VAT.
This product can be bought VAT free by those who qualify
|More about Zero rated for VAT|
|A really useful guide on the VAT rules that give relief to disabled people.|
This is not a statement of law but it is a useful guide.|
If you have a specific question you can call HMRC on 0845 302 0203. (Select Option 1)
HMRC web site also provides a VAT Relief Guide for Disabled People
Sorry about some of the language – they are not our words but those of HMRC!
|In a nutshell!|
There is no one simple rule that applies.|
In general disabled people don't have to pay VAT when they buy equipment that has
been designed for disabled people or when they have equipment adapted so they can use it.
Think of 3 rules and do they apply to you. All 3 must apply at the same time.
1. Is the person eligible|
2. Are the products eligible
3. Are the products being used for domestic use
YOU HAVE TO BE A DISABLED PERSON|
THE PRODUCT HAS TO BE SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR DISABLED PEOPLE
THE PRODUCT SHOULD BE USED FOR DOMESTIC USE
|How does this process works on Really Useful Stuff?|
Really Useful Stuff is acting as an AGENT for the seller.|
The seller will indicate on the product information if their product has been specifically designed for a disabled person. If is has it will clearly indicate that the product MAY be ZERO RATED.
If you the customer wish to purchase a product that could maybe zero rated then you will be asked to fill in a for by us ‘Really Useful Stuff’.
This form will ask you to state you are a disabled person and that the product is for your own domestic use.
Once this form is completed you will be able to buy the product as VAT exempt.
The completed form will be sent to the seller. They will have to keep this form for their VAT records.
Really Useful Stuff will NOT keep a copy once the seller has received it.
Platzmat™ -A non-slip table-setting place mat for people with Dementia
Setting the table is a task which is low risk and yet engages with the homebuilding instinct, so strong in many women with DementiaEngagement in ’mothering’ or ’help around the home’ type of tasks are beneficial, and this place mat enables another simple and worthwhile activity promoting self-worth and satisfaction.
As part of the care process to sustain active engagement of women with Alzheimer’s, often they are encouraged to assist with household activities, one of which is cooking.As the effects of dementia increase then the kitchen becomes an unfit environment to engage in and alternative “normal household tasks“ are needed, in order to maintain self-worth and fulfilment. One of these tasks being to set the table; the problem being that people forget how to.
Its purpose is to encourage continuing engagement of people with Alzheimer’s in laying the table whilst providing clues to aid the failing memory.
- Size: 378mm x 304mm x 1.1mm (14.9“ x 12.0“ x 0.04“)
- Safe for food with a clear visual location for tableware
- Non-slip, latex free, flexible yet non-creasing
- Non-porous, germ-free cleanable surface
- Extremely robust reinforced webbing covered by inert silicone compounding
- High temperature resistance (>260oC)
- Free from odours
- Fire retardant
- UV stable
- Contains no toxins, heavy metals, Phenol, Phthalates, PVC, PAH, BPA
- Washable in general detergents
- Washable: Wipe clean or can withstand high temperature dishwashing
- Tested to US FDA Compliance Regulations for food safety
- Product supplied in individual polythene bags
- High contrast colors, available in blue, green, or red
- Why is this useful?
- Who is this for?
Delivery Zones & Prices
|Europe mainland||Yes||GBP 9.00|
|Rest of the World||No|
- Estimated delivery time3-5 working days
- AvailabilityThis item is in stock and ships immediately
- Return policyStatutory distance selling regulations if unopened. 3 month warranty.
- Shipping informationRoyal Mail tracked service
- GBP 79.90 (incl. VAT)
- GBP 79.90 (Zero rated for VAT)